healing in nature

I wake up every morning to natural sunlight (ya know, like a weirdo). Seriously, I leave my curtains and blinds open when I sleep so that the sunlight wakes me up. I do this because I love seeing the tail-end of the sun rising. Right when the sky is golden and bright, or when it looks a little like pink/orange sherbet, I get to witness this perfect gift that Heavenly Father has given me to start my day.
I believe that sunrises and sunsets are a visual representation of God's love for us. Not only are they incomprehensibly beautiful, always dependable, and a literal light, but sunrises and sunsets are unique and never the exact same. His love for us is completely personal and different for each of us.
Ever since I was young, I've felt at peace being in nature. Even though I grew up in Las Vegas, I lived in a part of town very close to the mountains and ski resort, and I would go on hikes with my parents every few weekends. Those moments in the trees are where I first can remember feeling the Lord's presence.
Adulthood is difficult, and has taken bits and pieces of me over the years. My mental health has fluctuated, I've been through heartaches, losses, moves, and countless other less-than-fun adult problems. Through all of this, I'm able to heal when I build my relationship with the Lord. I feel strength and peace when I feel the Lord's hand in my life, and allowing myself to be in places where I can feel Him the most is the greatest gift I have given to myself!

These places where I can feel Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are sometimes pretty predictable. Church, the temple, my home. However, I've found the Lord while my lungs are burning as I climb a steep mountainside. I've heard Him as I stand oceanside near the crashing waves. I've felt Him in the warm sunshine that peaks through enormous trees and lands delicately on my skin. I've found the Lord in His creations in nature, and I've been healed by Him through these experiences.

Everybody is at a different point in their journey with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. If you feel you don't know if God is there, take a step outside and witness His creations. I have never felt more beautiful, magnificent, or WHOLE than by stepping into holy places!
My holy places are the temple, and nature, and I hope you can find your holy places too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We All Peak In High School

TLTA: Comparison, Plans, Disappointment

TLTA: Technology, Priorities, Helping People